The +Impact School is a one-of-a-kind, fully accredited, independent pre-kindergarten and 9-12 school in Truckee, California. It will feature a hybrid combination of building materials for the structural support components – CLT, glulam and steel.
CLT is the primary building material for this project, using both 7-ply and 3-ply panels for the interior and exterior. The panels will also be used for the full roof construction, able to withstand the load of extreme winter snow conditions. DRJ glulam beams help to provide the structural support frame for the roof panels.
A live stream of the construction can be viewed here.
- Location: Truckee, California
- Owner: +Impact Schools
- Architect: Ward Young Architecture & Planning
- General Contractor: Clark/Sullivan Construction
- 14,040 square feet of CLT panels
- 191,899 board feet of lumber in the CLT panels
- 132 lineal feet of glulam beams
- 3000 board feet of lumber in the glulam beams
- 8 total truck-loads delivered for “just-in-time” delivery to the site
- Received contract: June 2017
- Material “need by” date: November 2017
- Lifting/hoisting details provided by DRJ: 9/26/2017
- Shop drawings/modeling approved: 10/1/2017
- Erection schedule/sequence confirmed: 10/10/2017
- Material production completed: October/November 2017
- Delivery of material completed: November 2017